QUALITY AS STANDARD
At MP Engineering our expertise is high speed machining of small to medium size components up to 400mm x 400mm. As part of our journey we have experimented with many materials and now have a high level of expertise on machining many different materials and regularly do so as we see the weight and performance requirements of the Formula 1 and Aerospace constantly change.
While we originally specialized in Titanium and Aluminum, we now machine parts in various Nickel and Steel grades, Magnesium, Peek and various other new materials. Due to the high accuracy requirements and reliability requirements to meet our short timescales we constantly re-invest in new machine tools and subsequently have a very modern suite of machinery.
To ensure we continually machine these parts to the highest accuracy levels, we have dedicated maintenance personnel, and have annual machine maintenance programs where we have agreed shut down of all our machines. Our machine tools then undergo regular ball bar checks and visual checks to maintain their performance, which has resulted in very high machine availability and accuracy.
QUALITY CONTROL ASSURANCE
- AS9100 certified.
- Ball Bar testing on CNC machinery.
- Material traceability.
- Risk analysis and continuous improvement.
- Project specific Quality Planning (APQP), PPAP and PFMEA.
- FAIR (first article inspection report).
- Material certificates.
- Statistical Process Control and Capability Studies upon request.
- All work carried out is to drawing tolerances and specifications.
- Using our PolyWorks software & our Hexagon Romer arm we can provide conformance colour plots where appropriate, upon request.
- Hexagon Global Advantage CMM leitz scanning probe head
- 2x Hexagon Pioneer CMM’s
- Hexagon Global S Blue 775 CMM leitz scanning probe head
- Hexagon Romer Absolute RS4 Laser Scanner Arm
- Well equipped, temperature controlled inspection room.